Last updated May 1, 2021
MPX is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us. We know you are concerned with the protection of the privacy and security of your personal information, and so we provide the information below in the interest of letting you know how we protect the privacy and security of your personal information.
The legal basis for our uses, sharing and disclosures (“processing”) of your personal information includes, as pertinent, where processing of your personal information is:
- Necessary to perform the contractual obligations in agreements with you to provide products or services;
- You have consented to the processing as set out in this Policy to the extent MPX, as a data processor, is required to obtain consent which consent you can revoke at any time;
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend a legal claim;
- Necessary for the purposes of our or a third-party’s legitimate business interests (so long as those interests do not override personal rights as indicated by law);
- You have expressly made your personal information public; and
- The information is necessary to protect your vital interests or the interest of others.
II. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
If you elect to provide us personal information, we may use it as needed to deliver products and/or service to you. MPX may use personal information in a variety of ways to meet our obligations to you to provide you with a variety of services and products. These uses are based in our legitimate business interests in providing products and services to you and/or fulfillment of our contractual obligation to deliver products and services you have requested. We have balanced these business needs carefully with your privacy rights and these uses do not improperly infringe on your privacy and confidentiality rights
Personal Information that may be collected by MPX may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number e-mail address and the IP address of the device you use to communicate with us.
- We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you complete a webform made available by MPX – name, email, address, title, phone, and business name.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you.
- Your orders for products or services.
- Your inquiries sent to our offices or our website.
- Analytics and cookies (described in greater detail below), if you consent as indicated in this Policy or as required by law
- We may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
- We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
- We may share personal information where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on us, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Domain name information that we collect on our website is not used to personally identify you and instead is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site. When other information is collected from you, such as your name and e-mail address, we let you know at the time of collection how we will use the personal information. Usually, we use the personal information you provide only to respond to your inquiry or to process your request.
If MPX is acquired by or merged with another company, we will transfer information about you to this other company in connection with the acquisition or merger.
Collected information may include:
- The Internet address from which you accessed our Services (both your IP address and MAC address)
- The date and time you used our Services
- Whether you are a new or returning visitor
- The page from which you exit our Services
- What country you are visiting from (your network location)
- Your mobile carrier
- The Internet address of the web site from which you linked to us
- The name of the file or words you searched for, the items clicked on a page, and the browser and operating system used
- The average number of pages visited and the average time spent on our Services.
- Keeping you signed into your account
- Remembering your account preferences
- Understanding how you use our Services
- Improve site functionality and user experience
There are several different types of cookies. Our Services use the following types of cookies:
Functionality Cookies – We use functionality cookies to recognize you on our website and app and to remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising Cookies – We use advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website or app, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the words you searched for, the items you clicked on, and the page you last visited before exiting our Services. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. If you do not accept cookies, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient will be disabled, and some of our services may not function properly as a result.
“Do Not Track” or “DNT” is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. While we are committed to providing clear, transparent, and meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
III. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with products or services that you have requested.
Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you. These communications may include information about our products and services. You may opt out of these communications at any time by emailing your request to opt out to [email protected]. You may also withdraw your consent to email marketing by unsubscribing, using the unsubscribe link in such communications.
- Seek your views on our products and services.
- Share personal information where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on us, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- For maintenance and enhancement of the security of the digital information we collect and use, including analysis of the personal information to pursue the legitimate business interest in protecting our customers and website visitors against malware, cyber-attack and other crime and security risks.
- Notify you of changes to our products or services.
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts or other agreements entered into by you and us.
IV. PRIVACY OF MINORS AND CHILDREN
MPX complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. MPX does not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. However, it is possible that we may inadvertently receive information pertaining to children under 13. If you believe that we have received information about your child that is under the age of 13, please do not hesitate to notify us at [email protected]. When we receive your notification, we will obtain your consent to retain the information or will delete it permanently.
V. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
In general, MPX does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide the products or services you have requested, when we have your consent as indicated in Section I of this Policy or as required by law, or for our legitimate business purposes as follows:
- We may provide personal information to trusted partners and vendors who work on behalf of or with MPX under written confidentiality and similar agreements prohibiting such parties’ further use of the information. Some of these companies may use your personal information to help MPX communicate with you about offers from MPX and our business partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
VI. CHOICE AND CONTROL
Under the GDPR, we are a Data Controller of your personal information. You can request from MPX, at any time, information about which personal information MPX processes about you and the correction or deletion of such personal information. If MPX uses your personal information to perform a contract with you, you may further request a copy of the personal data that you have provided to MPX. To make such a request, please contact the email set forth below and specify in detail the information or the activity to which your request relates, the format in which you would like the personal data returned and the recipient, you or your designee. Furthermore, you may contact MPX if you believe that the personal information that MPX has is incorrect.
If you are located within the European Union, a country that has adopted GDPR or U.S. states that has provided the rights enumerated and described below, you may benefit from a number of rights with regard to your personal information that we process. These rights are defined and, in some cases limited, by the laws of your jurisdiction. These rights include the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address or e-mail identified in the Contact Us section at the end of this document.
We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your right to have your personal information deleted does not apply, however, where the information is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by European Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in so far as the rights referred to above are likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You also have the right to have MPX cease processing your personal information, but that right is dependent upon the following events: (i) you state that the personal information MPX has about you is incorrect; but MPX may retain the information for as long as it requires to check the accuracy of the relevant personal information; (ii) there is no legal basis for MPX’s processing of your personal information and you demand that MPX restrict your personal information from further processing, (iii) MPX no longer requires your personal information but you claim that you require such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims; or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your personal information by MPX it may retain and process the information for as long as it is required to review as to whether MPX has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in continuing to process your personal information.
You may inquire about the exercise of these rights and, if the laws of your jurisdiction permit, exercise them as permitted by law by contacting [email protected]
The only personal information MPX collects, processes and maintains is business information in which you or an organization on your behalf have communicated with us concerning a business transaction, asked us to perform a service or provide you with a product, or which is otherwise excluded from the definition of “personal information” and most of the requirements with regard to that information within the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The business basis for, and the manner in which, such business information is collected and processed is set forth within this Privacy Notice.
MPX does not “sell” personal information as the terms “sell” or “sale” are defined within CCPA. MPX only shares the information it collects with business partners who are its “service providers” and sharing information in this way is not a “sale” as that term is defined in the CCPA. Service providers are business partners who perform business functions for MPX, as the term “Service Provider” is defined within CCPA. They agree to use information only for these business purposes and not to redisclose it except as permitted or required by law as set out in our contracts with them. The nature of the services provided by these business partners and a description of the categories of these service providers is set forth within this Privacy Notice.
If you have questions regarding collection and sharing of your business information or believe that information that identifies you and has been collected and shared by MPX is not business information within the meaning of CCPA or is not provided to a service provider as stated above, and you wish to advise us of these beliefs and ask that we not share that information please contact [email protected]
If you are a resident of Nevada, you may request we limit the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by contacting us.
Please contact us via e-mail with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request”. You must include your first and last name, zip code, the e-mail address connected to your account, or, if you have terminated your account, then the e-mail address connected to your terminated account. We reserve the right to require further information to verify you are a Nevada resident.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We utilize commercially reasonable information security standards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. MPX supports online security using appropriately secure technology because we want your data to be safe. We bind our employees and data processors to written agreements to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights. Unfortunately, no method of Internet transmission is one hundred percent secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
IX. DURATION AND RETENTION
MPX will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, or as required or permitted by law, and then will delete it as required by law. For example, MPX will retain your information as long as required to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws, cybersecurity and privacy laws, laws and regulations that affect the conduct of our business; to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, co-operate with law enforcement requests or to meet other legal obligations. We may also retain log files for internal analysis purposes, though we would retain them for only a brief period except in cases where we are legally required to retain them for longer periods, and in cases where they are used for site safety and security or to improve website functionality.
X. CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE